...working ....


Just to let you know that I am working indeed.

I started a cp drawing, as an experiment I only wanted to draw with a black cp. Thought it might be a bit like grapite drawing. But not so at all. I did spend hours on it, but it just didn't develop as I wanted. I might return at another time, to see if I could do something else with it, but for now it is on hold. The picture is of this drawing. Very often I have a title from start, and this is no exception. "Waiting for you" - and waite it must:)

I have then started a new graphite drawing. I went on a photo-shoot for a white horse, I saw in the field. He was a little far away even for my zoom (aka 300 mm). Did get some shots though. On my bike home, I saw some other horses too. I took a few photos. But when I saw the photos on the PC, one photo from the second horse-shoot, grabed me immeadiatly, so that was my first reference to draw. With a little compositional change I started and is working on it now. I intend to send this to a competition if it turns out good and I'll post it when finished.

4 comments:

  1. Looks great, Lene, but I understand about a drawing not going how you planned. It was hard for me to learn that it's okay not to finish something or to throw it away completely. I do look forward to seeing the new graphite one, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Heather. I could accept this better, as it was a test of using the media in a new way ;) I like the motif very well, so later I think I'll finish it somehow or start over in another media

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you do finish it at some stage as it looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name in comments, thanks