Sketches for new series


I have begun what I intend to be the first drawing in a new series in graphite.

Dogs - or to be more excact - purebreed dogs, placed in an inviroment that relate to the specific breed.

I work for the first time on a paper called Mellotex bright white. It is a paper that Mike Sibley recommends for graphite. I am very curious how this paper is to draw on. My first impression is: smooth - very smooth. If not recommended I am sure, I would never have tried out this paper.

I have made some small initial texture examples to get a feeling of the paper. So far it seems fine. These are just small sketches though.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lene

    I used to use Fabriano Artistico for graphite but I've been a convert to Mellotex for some time now. I've even done a couple of coloured pencil portraits on it although it barely takes any layers as it is so smooth (like drafting film in that respect).

    Look forward to seeing how you get on with it for larger pictures :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue
    thanks for commenting. So I guess you like it for graphite:) Hope you have patience, it might take a while this drawing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck with the series Lene.

    I wish I could get my hands on the Mellotex paper. I will see if my local art store can get some. I have been reading Mike Sibleys book which is a fantastic book and I have been doing a little research on the Mellotex.
    LOL I'll sit next to Sue and wait for the updates on the series. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Dors. I have bought the paper from Mikes site as I cannot get it in Denmark. It comes in 2 surfaces, this is the most white and bright.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name in comments, thanks