I love this


I started the "I love this"-posts in january 2011, and will make a montly post with a couple of "I love this" drawings or paintings. Why not applaude something you really admire and love to look at :) Enjoy! As I cannot copy-paste other artists work, I have placed a link on the title.


"Exalibur". Pastelpainting by Leslie Harrison. I find Leslie Harrison one of the best pastelartists. I love her paintings. This painting portraits the horse so gentle and yet very powerful. Leslie masterly controls the pastels showing us the animals soul - not just apperance. The jpg doesn't quite show how wonderful a painting this is, I have her book, where you can see the masterwork much better. But you get the idea here.


"Ellie". Oil-pastelpainting by Sarah Theophilus. I don't see many artists work as excellent with oilpastels. Sarah creates wonderful, colorful and very realistic petportraits. "Ellie" is such a cute, tender looking pup, wonderfully painted.

1 comment:

  1. I love Excalibur too and all of Lesley Harrison's work, she is fantastic with pastels.

    I love oil pastels too but how Sarah does such fine detail is beyond me. Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name in comments, thanks